Wednesday 31 December 2014

This Year - Sorted!

Well, it's that time of the year when we reflect on how this one panned out.  For me it was one where certain things that happened this year will have significant impact on the next one.

1. Decided to do something major for my 60th and as a result of being inspired by Ray Funnel, who I met this time in 2013, am now going to drive to Mongolia and back in a classic car.

2. Bought Albert, a 1968 Morris Traveller, to do the drive and showed him off at some car shows before beginning his restoration

Albert 'crashing' the young Minors register at the National rally in June
3. Found out that Sarah (my ex-wife) was seriously up for being co-driver and navigator so now we are going to do this adventure together - there are currently some interesting bets being taken because of this.

4. Have planned a route and now working out what we need for the trip.  I got Sarah a Haynes manual for the Morris Minor for Xmas, she got me a nodding meerkat.  I think I'm taking this a tad more seriously than she is at this time.

5. Started planning for our first fund raising event in January.  This is in aid of Sue Ryder and the St John's Hospice in Moggerhanger.  Event date is 24th January and we will have a pop-up classic car show, a rally, sponsored hair cut by Ronnie 'Moses' Pickford, BBQ, and lots more.

6. Am finishing my current contract at the beginning of the year and am seriously considering not taking on another one but just doing some bits here and there while preparing for a retirement plan.  Travelling the world in a Morris Traveller is beckoning!

I am really looking forward to the new year, partly with a bit of trepidation but, mostly with a sense of excitement.  I'd like to wish everyone that is following my adventure all the best for the New year and I hope that yours will be as wonderful as mine.